Apply for the Academy Class of 2016 -- Application deadline is March 15. What is the academy?
The Learning Forward Academy is an extended and profound learning experience that immerses members in a model of inquiry- and problem-based learning. Academy members work collaboratively to gain knowledge to solve significant student learning problems in their schools, districts, or organizations.
The Learning Forward Academy seeks to understand individual members' needs and then assist them in meeting objectives through a collaborative learning environment and the support of experienced coaches.
Academy Alumni Reunion -- Celebrating 20 years of Academy!
Are you one of the 1,000+ graduates?
The academy provides an integrated toolbox that empowers members to
| ||Calling all Academy alumni -- We are hosting a reunion Sunday, Dec. 8, during the 2013 Annual Conference in Dallas. Reunion participants will also have the opportunity to attend the Monday afternoon ‘Academy Only’ session hosted by Michael Fullan. Ensure a strong showing for your Academy class and reunite with your classmates. Please complete this form so we may keep you updated on the big event. |
- Construct knowledge and develop strategies for improved educator practice;
- Become the professional learning subject-matter experts for their organizations;
- Successfully implement professional learning in their environment; and ultimately
- Increase student achievement.
Benefits to participating members of the Academy Class of 2016:
- Share 2 1/2 years of learning with educators from around the world;
- Experience 12 face-to-face, team-based learning days for in-depth instruction and to build relationships and foster community;
- Attend Learning Forward’s 2014 and 2015 Annual Conferences on us and be inspired by and network with industry experts and peers (complimentary registration--a $1,390 value!);
- Participate and collaborate by phone and virtually to extend learning and for continuous process improvement;
- Ongoing support from an experienced coach who is also an Academy graduate;
- Gain access to resources, relationships and real results with a complimentary Learning Forward membership for 3 years—to advance the professional development journey (a $447 value!); and
Team-based community learning days and graduation:
- Celebrate successful completion with a formal graduation at Learning Forward's Annual Conference.
- Session One: July 18-20, 2014 in Chicago
- Session Two: Dec. 5-7, 2014 and Annual Conference in Nashville, Tenn.
- Session Three: July 17-19, 2015 in Toronto
- Session Four: Dec. 4-6, 2015 and Annual Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Session Five & Graduation: Dec. 4, 2016 at Annual Conference in Vancouver, British Columbia
A special thanks to our partners
Watch the 2011 Academy video